Saturday, June 27, 2009

The E.K. Macdonald Reunion

The E.K. Macdonald Reunion was held in Monticello, Utah this year. Since Uncle Dave and Aunt Karen had sold their ranch they were in need of finding another spot to gather to. The Adams family was in charge this year and Aunt Karen was able to find a beautiful place in the Utah mountains. We stayed at the Blue Mountain Ranch. It is actually owned by the church and is the Monticello Stake's Property for any kind of church camp. It can also be rented out for reunions. It had a beautiful facility to use for cooking, the camping areas were filled with Aspen trees for great shade. It had a couple of cabins in the meadow. The setting was lovely.

Sean was not able to attend, so the girls and I flew to Utah to meet up with Lisa and her kids. She was pulling her camper down and we met up so we could travel to Monticello together. Ricky and his boys were also traveling with us. The drive would have been way too long of a trip to drive from California to Monticello. Since we flew in, Lisa was in charge of packing all the necessary gear for us. She did a wonderful job hooking us up with everything we needed. (THANK YOU LISA!!)

Lisa was great she got all the supplies ready, packed blankets and everything we would need. She had quite the set up. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Lisa and I shared the camper with the little girls and the big girls had a huge tent to hang out in. We were in a shady area that was so lovely to sit and relax at. The Krissy Labaron and Eric Macdonald families were right next to us. It was great!
Lisa did her thing and had t-shirts made for the Larry Macdonald Family. They said MAC ATTACK on them. The kids loved them and they were a big hit.
Of course you can see that Mack and Matt are having fun taking their classic jumping photos. I am not sure when that all started, but this one looks pretty cool in the meadow. We had a big relay race in that field one day. I wish I had video footage. All the oldies were participating and it was quite a sight. I remember seeing Aunt Sandy practically getting dragged across the field by her son-in-law. It was a sight. My mother was even involved. It was great to see them laughing and having a great time.


Kayla and Lexie were having fun doing the projects that were planned for the kids. Everyone had such a great time. We had some great activities planned. There was a night for all the families to share a video of what was going on in their lives. Then the next night some of the grandkids had been assigned a person to talk about their life stories. It was fun to hear the thoughts and stories of our family. We wanted the younger kids to get exposed to our aging parents and our loved Grandparents who have passed on. I loved that evening. I think it went really well.
Eric shared stories about Keith Macdonald
Lisa talked about Ada Macdonald
Karyn talked about Larry Macdonald
Ricky shared great moments about Joellen Macdonald
Krissy shared a memory about Sandy and Eddie Macdonald
Sandy also talked about Eddie Macdonald
Michelle spoke about Karen Adams.
Davey talked about Uncle Dave Adams.

That evening was a great highlight for me. I love each of those people so much. It was great to feel of the spirit that was present. Our ancestors are so important. To hear about their love for the gospel and the devotion they had to live a righteous life was encouraging. We are a blessed family! Ada and Keith have got quite the posterity.







During our E.K. Macdonald Reunion we had some excitement on the ATV's. The kids would ride around and enjoy the scenery.





Matt and Mackynzie decided to take the ATV's and head out on a ride. I guess they got a bit excited about the adventure, because they headed about 10 miles out on a country road that was basically out in the middle of no where. They were having the time of their life when Mack's machine decided to stop. Lunch time approached and their was no Mack or Matt for a few hours. I was starting to think something was up. Well, the two of them came back after a long while and told Uncle Scott about the ATV machine not running. Scott was so fantastic about it all - he grabbed his big 4 wheeler cart and headed out to find where they had left the machine. Luckily Matt and Mack could lead him back to the machine.

When Scott came back he mentioned how far out those silly kids had gone. He was just glad they were safe after that kind of distance. I guess you have to teach your kids not to go too far in the woods. One would think that older kids could get the idea, but I suppose it was too tempting to head out on such a fun adventure and not get carried away. We were lucky that all was well with the bike and everyone was back safely.

Of course, now all that is left are some great pictures of the two of them on their adventure.




3 comments:

shayla said...

What a fun reunion! Mac is so expressive in all her photos...funny girl. Are you back from NYC? Happy bday to MAC!!!! My kids all want to call and sing, so we'll be talkin' later (I know her bday was yesterday, right?)

Hazen5 said...

I remember you telling me all about this reunion! The scenery was just gorgeous! Being with the family is always the best.

Joellen said...

What a great reunion. We had such a good time and from the pictures it looks like others there had fun too. The area was gorgeous and it was a great camp site. We missed a few people. Hope they can come next time.