San Elijo Middle School Caveman Day.....
Outfit handmade by Karyn Parry
Kayla would receive extra credit for dressing up like a caveman. I decided I would make her costume. It was an easy pattern and I felt like it was time to whip out the old sewing machine. I thought it would be fun and it was. It was time consuming because I was rusty, but I think it turned out great.
Kayla was so happy with it. She told me, "Mom you are the best mother ever. You do so much for me. Thank you." I felt so good and those words made it all worth it. She went on and on about how wonderful I was. Who doesn't love to hear that!
Later in the evening Mack came home and was looking at the costume. She saw me working away to finish it up. Her words, "Mom you know what I worn to Caveman Day?" After a long pause she continued, "an old witch outfit." I commented back, "Oh well this is extra credit." Mack replied, "Mine was extra credit too." I chuckled and replied, "Well you learn everything on the first child and you do it right on the next one."
OH THAT MACKYNZIE CAN WORK ME. I started to feel so guilty like I had not done every I could for her. She is such a turkey. She can really get me wrapped around her figure. I am so prone to thinking I could have done more. Luckily, I caught on and laughed about it before I really gave into her woes of the sorrowful existence of a life she leads, like she needed extra credit!
Kayla and Dunya walked to school that day looking great in their outfits. I love San Elijo Middle School. They have some great activities and programs. Kayla is enjoying school and really loves all her teachers. I am so happy for her and I am grateful she can be at such a fabulous school.




2 comments:
When I read that I just thought of myself. My Mom calls me the first pancake.
Kayla looks darling in her caveman outfit. Good for you Karyn, it looks great. I love that reply from your friend about being the "first pancake!" How True!
Post a Comment