Monday, January 26, 2009

Remembering the Past - Happy Birthday Kayla!

The Parry family in Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Kayla 6 months in Riverton, Utah
Kayla was baptized in San Marcos, California
Kayla's Baptism Invitation
Kayla was always a soccer star!
Kayla Parry weighing in at 6 pounds and 12 ounces.
Kayla was so little compared to Mackynzie.  She was so tired all the time.  Every time I tried to feed/nurse her she would fall asleep.  She was so fun to have.  I didn't nurse Mackynzie because I went back to work so quickly after she was born.  I felt like with Mack I needed to learn how to feed a baby and not worry about the whole nursing issues.  I had only six weeks to get use to the idea of having a baby and getting ready to go back to work.  So, being a stay at home mom with Kayla was a brand new experience for me.  I loved it!  I realized the minute she was born how wonderful life was going to be with her in it.
Kayla just turned 11 years old today!  Where does the time go?  I remember when we first brought Kayla home from the hospital.  She was so little and precious.  She was a delight the moment she got home.  I couldn't believe what a great baby she was.  The only thing she fussed about was if I ate Winger's Chicken Wings or Chocolate.  I couldn't eat either of those items for about eight months.  She really would let me have it if I ever tried to sneak a taste.  I learned quickly it wasn't worth it.  

When Sean learned that Kayla was coming he started collecting the Disney Beanie Babies.  He is just a collector at heart.  I never have been a collector of things so I don't quite understand his passion for it.  However, over the years I have watched how everything is better in bulk for Sean.  This summer he got a giant TV and he decided two would be better than one, funny man.  We sure love and appreciate all he does for our family.

Kayla was born January 26, 1998.  The Christmas before she was born, Sean gave me a huge box filled with about 75 Disney Beanie Babies to open for Kayla.  He continued to purchase them until she was born.  The funny thing is that they are still around in the garage in a huge bin.  They have been loved by every kid that has come over.  Sean has definitely calmed down his collecting spirit, but he is still a collector at heart.  One never knows what the next must have will be.

Can you find Kayla in that bundle of toys?
Where is Kayla?  I see Mack!
We about lost her in this picture.
Daddy just buying some special gifts for his daughter number two. 
He calls her "KAYLA BELLA" 

4 comments:

Joellen said...

I would say there is a real connection there. Look at her eyes watching Sean. Great picture.

shayla said...

We love Kayla too! Sean's BIG collection cracks me up!

Hazen5 said...

I love the pictures of Kayla surrounded by all her beanies! She was such a cute baby and that hasn't changed one bit!

Joellen said...

I like the way you show Kayla as she grow up. Wonderful pictures to remember wonderful times.