Friday, January 30, 2009

Visiting Teaching

Visiting Teaching in the Lake San Marcos Ward always meant giving Monica Hendericks a call.  Well, today Lisa Mathis and I do our last official visit.  Monica and Jarred are moving out of the ward.  Monica was one of the first people I remember when I moved into the ward about six plus years ago.  She was in the Primary Presidency.  I remember her hustling around doing all the things required of her.  She left the ward the same way, hustling around serving everyone around her.  She was our Relief Society President for a few months before she left.  It was fun to watch her get to experience that big task.  I hope she will find great joy and satisfaction in her life.  I loved visiting with her over the years.  She had triples who were a joy to watch as life changed over time.  It was a good time to visit with her.  I could always count on feeling of the spirit when I entered her house.  I will miss Monica.  She helped me become a better visiting teacher over the years.  It is a special opportunity to be able to go into one's home and share gospel principles.  I have a special place in my heart for Monica.  It was always nice to just take time out of our busy lives and visit for a minute.
Lisa Mathis, Karyn Parry and Monica Hendericks




No comments: