Monday, March 30, 2009

A Day in Coronado

We decided we wanted to spend the day together doing something fun in this gorgeous sunny weather.  Sean loaded the beach cruisers on the Tahoe and we were off for the day.  We headed down to ride around Coronado, it is one of our favorite places.  I think we would all move there in a minute if it didn't cost an arm and a leg to buy anything.   You would have to sell your soul to get a house there, even with the market as bad as it is.  There is NO affording a place in Coronado.  So, we do the next best thing and drive over for the day.  




Mackynzie wanted to get a little sun in before Hawaii, which is just around the corner.  Mack thought it was just wrong how white she is compare to Kayla.  Kayla can be in the sun for about 1 hour and be darker than Mack would be after all summer.  We do like being in the sun, but we lather up in the sunscreen for protection.  Everyone is pretty good about that.  I even got Sean to put the sunscreen on before the bike ride.  He fights me the worse on that but he is getting better. 


Mackynzie got to pick the restaurant to eat at.  It was a little diner on the main strip.  It was definitely not our favorite food experience, but we had a good spot in the sun and we had fun being together.




It was a great day together.  We had to be back home for the Young Woman's Broadcast that evening.  So, we didn't get to stay and play around at the beach.  That will have to happen next time.  

 

6 comments:

shayla said...

I was wondering where you were headed with all those beach cruisers! Man, you guys have bikes coming out your ears in that garage! What a great day trip--Coronado IS the best! I only WISH we could do the same, but 8 bikes certainly would never fit on the back of my escalade:)!

Monica said...

You guys are definately inspiring!!! Love you and your family!

Hazen5 said...

We haven't been to Coronado in so long. Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for reminder!

Michele said...

How Fun! We are tagging along next time. Hugs

Claudine Cable said...

Loved the photos of one of my very favorite places also. I love going to Coronado!

Walker-Party of 5 said...

I saw your comment on my blog tonight...crazy it's been that long since I have peeked at my own blog even! We are surviving with Derrick gone, but busy! I just sold our house this week & have been getting it ready to sell & keeping it clean, it seems there is little time for anything else. I am glad it only took 2-weeks to get an offer I was happy with. (We got a great offer 3 days on the market, but let it go because they wanted me out before school was out & while D was still in Iraq.) Now that is over & I can go back to "reasonably clean" maybe I can do something else...like blog!

You family is beautiful! I got a kick out of the comment about Kayla tanning in an hour, she looks just like you & I was always jelous of you tan & light blonde hair! Mac is beautiful, fair skin & all!