Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

What can we make green that the school will let the kids eat?
BAGELS
CREAM CHEESE
Mom helping out in Kayla's 5th grade classroom.
We had a St. Patrick's Day Party at San Elijo Elementary.  It was a short, quick party.  We ate green bagels, had crosswords and made special THANK YOU cards for Mrs. McCarthy.  Short and sweet was the objective and the kids loved it.  
The kids were excited because they got an entire bagel.  The last time we had bagels we had to cut the bagel in quarters to make it last, we did that at the end of the year party in 4th grade.  We had tons of kids so it worked best that way.  But today they got a WHOLE one.  It is crazy that something simple and small makes such big impacts. 
Who doesn't love a bagel and cream cheese?!
Mackynzie wanted out early from school today so, I dragged her in to be my little helper.  I didn't have to pull hard, she wanted to come.  But there was not much to do, so she enjoyed a bagel for herself.
Thanks Mack for always supporting your sister.  Sometimes it is the little ways that really count.
Classroom fun on March 17, 2009

4 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Where did you get the green bagels? They look awesome!

YES, we did get a dog-we're trying it again! She's adorable and I love her and my allergies have been okay this time. Yea!

Hazen5 said...

Yum! I need to remember those for next year!

The Holt Family said...

That is cool, I have never seen green bagels. What a fun activity. You always do fun things for the classroom. What great memories!

Michele said...

What a fun St. Patty's party. Great ideas Karyn. I love that Mack is so supportive of Kayla.