Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MACK'S SWEET SIXTEEN DINNER -The Corvette Diner with Friends

As Mackynzie was approaching her sixteenth birthday, I started to wonder what to plan for her. We talked about a party and went back and forth on ideas. It was difficult to decide what was the best plan for this BIG event. I wanted to plan something for her. Yet, the ideas just weren't coming together. Back in January on my idea board I put the words NEW YORK down under travel plans. I was not sure when we would do it, but it turns out that is where Mackynzie wanted to go if she were to pick a place to visit for her birthday. I loved how it all developed into a plan. Sean and I decided that we would take Mackynzie. We would let her decide everything we did in New York. It would be a family trip with her in charge. It was going to be a great way to celebrate her achievement of turning SWEET SIXTEEN.

We learned that Sean would be in Chicago on her actual birthday. So we decided to plan the trip for the day after and have a little celebration with some of her friends on the 22nd. We kept it really small, but Mack picked a place called The Corvette Diner down in the San Diego area. It was really a fun place to have a party.
Mackynzie on her 16th Birthday!
Mack picked a few friends and we were off to dinner. We only had seats for 7 because Sean was away. We missed having him there with us. But we were going to meet up with him in NEW YORK the next day.
The Corvette Diner has a 50's theme flair to the restaurant. The waiters and waitresses dance in the isles and they put your hair up into straws......that is the main reason Mack wanted to go.
She got the most straws because she was the birthday girl!

We all had our hair done up, even Zack put straws on his ears to fit in.

I made Mackynzie a lemon cake for dessert. However, everyone was so full that the only one who ate it was the bus boy!

It was a good get together on her special day. It was mellow, easy and fun! I think she really had a great day. Everyone was so thoughtful to her that day.

I can't believe my daughter is 16 years old!

I am a lucky mother to have Mackynzie in my life. She has been a joy from the beginning. She is loud, fun and fabulous. I love her and I am very proud of who she has become. I wish her every happiness and joy.

Mack, I hope you treasure this year and make it a good one in every way possible. Remember to find joy in your journey and to stay on a good path.
I LOVE YOU TONS!!

3 comments:

queenieweenie said...

what a fun night! we'll have to try it out...was the food any good?

how in the world did our daughters get so old???

Joellen said...

What a fun birthday dinner. And then to take a trip to NY. That was fantastic. Glad you could do such a nice family trip for the
16th birthday. Love you all.

Becky said...

I love the straws. What a fun party. How did you like Mary Poppins?