Seeing that school dances at San Marcos High are not quite what they were like for me growing up in Mesa, Arizona, I decided to help Mack make a special night out of the Church New Year's Eve Dance. Sean and I made a special dinner for Mackynzie and her friends that she invited to attend.
I loved making a special evening fun and fancy for Mack! She was very grateful for the effort Dad and I made for her. It is so wonderful to watch your kids grow up! I just love this year with Mackynzie. She is a great kid and I am so proud of her efforts in school, basketball, church, piano and friends.
Mackynzie requested my wonderful caesar salad, macaroni (for vegetarian Shannelle), steak and beans for the meat lovers. Then we had dessert choices being chocolate cake or strawberry short cake. Sean was in charge of the grill. He took requests for rare, medium or well done. One of the boys wanted his steak almost rare. It was really bloody. Not my first choice, but the boys loved the steak. I got a kick out of watching them all dig in.
It was great to see the kids laugh and really enjoy themselves.
We had to start without Zack, but he got there later.
Zack, Kip, Chuck, Noel, Shannelle, Emily and Mackynzie
We were laughing as we were waiting for Noel to get meat out of his teeth. He was working on it pretty hard as you can see in the picture.
Ready to Ring in the NEW YEAR!!
Pictures of loading the kids in the car to the dance. Emily couldn't make it to the dance, but Mack was glad she could come to the dinner.
Mack's hair got caught on the seat belt. We were just over crowded for a mile or two.
Vista Church House
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!




3 comments:
So pretty and grown up. I loved the ear-piercing post too! Love my cute nieces.
You and Shawn are awesome for doing that for Mack. I am sure she was so grateful. What a fun night!
Mackynzie, you are so blessed to have a mom and dad who care so much about making you happy and helping you have fun experiences. New Year's Eve started out in a very special way. How was the dance?
Post a Comment