Today Kayla and I were at the breakfast table reading the Book of Mormon when Kayla said, "Wow, look how pretty the sky is." It was great to be at our table and get a gorgeous view of pink clouds and blue skies. Usually we don't see the sunrise from our table. I believe that was a little someone saying HELLO! Years ago Lisa gave each Macdonald family a book entitled Sara's Cloud. It was a story of a little boy who lost a sister. His Grandmother relates how seeing beautiful clouds in the sky reminds her of loved ones who have moved out of this world into the next one. I always love to see pink clouds now, it just adds peace and beauty to my day.
Last year I was given a LSM Ward Covenant Concepts card from the Stake President that was given to each family in the stake and it has been a blessing to apply these steps into my life as well. These four goals have been hanging on my fridge for the past year. I am still working on number 3, but I will get there eventually:
1. Remove something specific in your life that holds back the Spirit.
2. Daily Personal/Family Prayer and Scripture Study.
3. Double your Temple Attendance.
4. Once a month do something with someone not of your faith.
It has been a blessing to have the gospel be a major influence in my life. It provides me with a direction and a place to go where answers can be found. I have been able to influence my children for the good. It is nice to know that the things I am doing are helping my kids grow and develop. It is also great to know that they feel loved! Kayla had a church project that had her list out traditions or things that her parents do that she would want to do for her kids. It was fun to see what she wrote down and see what she really appreciates in her life. I love my kids and I am grateful for them in my life. Even though there are only two they are the best two I could ever ask for.




9 comments:
What a great way to start off your day! The covenant concepts is truly an inspired challenge!
Inspiring post. I am going to give you the reading schedule. You are probably ahead of it. Gorgeous photos too!
We always look at the sky, here in Arizona it is usually beautiful in the evening. We love to see the beautiful pink clouds and we also think of Amy when we do.
And that's why you have such a great family. Keep up the good work. All of your efforts will pay off for generations to come.
what a great day and thanks for sharing all that! a good reminder of what is important in our lives.
You're such a great example. Thanks for all you do. I admire your calm--calm is hard to find at our house!s
I love Pink Clouds! What a sweet Tender Mercy.
I love this post, You are such a good mommy and wife and example for your family.
good girl!
I love that list of challenges. It's exactly what I need to do. I'm stealing it.
Post a Comment